Coat Of Arms
The Coat of Arms of Cienfuegos was designed by Don Agustin de Santa Cruz in 1831, and was adopted by our City Council on July 4, 1848 to be passed along to the town of Cienfuegos the right to use the coat of arms by the Royal Order of Isabel II of 2 last April.
Its rectangular and is divided into two blocks. At the top, on the blue field, appears in front of the Fernandina de Jagua Fortress. At the bottom, on the silver field, a Jagua Tree. Its topped by a mural crown of five castles and two lateral branches of laurel.
His motto: Faith, work and marriage, in Latin: Fides et Labor Unio, was adopted by the founders on the morning of April 22, 1819.